Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Saving Old Photographs

It is very hard to throw away old photos and so very hard to display old photographs that are so damaged as to be terribly unattractive on a wall. Over time and neglect, paper images deteriorate and slip away.
Here is one I am working on---there is still work to be done but I am happy with this initial phase.
The original was rendered in pastels over a hundred years ago in Columbia Missouri, so I used pastels to create the same look. Her face needs to be widened out and softened. She will eventually be in an antique oval frame.

This is a watercolor of my Great-Grandmother and my Grandfather. It is my goal in the first days of my retirement to document our family history in watercolor and prose. Sounds like a whole series of post on this blog.



This stone building is Daniel Boone's home in Defiance Missouri 
http://www.sccmo.org/1701/The-Historic-Daniel-Boone-Home-at-Linden


The lady on the bench is a relative who sailed from England on the Mauritania at the turn of the century.
Stay tuned for more updates on the progress of these and other projects! And feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks