Sunday, January 31, 2016

Much Ado About Nothing or Something from Nothing

Collection of things from around the farmhouse.
A free gift from the paint store with needles of varying sizes--ideal for the housewife of the 1930s. Paint and needles--what better gifts uh? My Grandmother certainly considered them gifts because they made her life easier. She loved the towels in the Breeze Detergent boxes and the depression glass in the oatmeal box. There are two pictures of my Father here--the top one with the shadow of my mother with the Brownie camera. The other picture of him is with his dog Adolph--years before Hitler made the name a little uncomfortable to use. The metal my father received from General Motors on their first "50 Million" cars produced in America as well as his tape measure in included.
A silver fork, from who knows where, a piece of a door knob mechanism and three old door knobs. Various pieces of wood from here and there--a piece of a lace collar, and a wooden spool of thread. All of these things are setting on a pair of doors with cool hinges.
This is my project for February--what in the world could be made from this conglomeration of old useless items.
Check back at the end of February to see if I can come up with some ideas to make a display/work of art and how many pieces I will have left over. Now where did I put my superglue??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks