Monday, August 6, 2018

Farmhouse Decor Fall Decorating

White Pumpkins are a new favorite! Painted on old barn wood.


Summer is coming to a close and Autumn is calling our attention. Here are some past projects, some in-process projects, and some of my paintings for some inspiration and ideas. Come back and see what has become of the table legs we sawed into pieces. There will be a lot more Fall and Halloween ideas in the coming weeks.
I love Autumn! The fall colors are my colors-warm and soft, vibrating and still, subtle and vibrant.
Cemeteries have always been a favorite hang out of mine from high school trips on Friday nights to college where they were a quiet place to study. I wondered about the stories behind all of the lives that are gone with the wind. I especially love them in the Fall. I love cemeteries so much I even made a quilt with a cemetery.
The Graveyard Quilt, originally made by Elizabeth Mitchell in Kentucky in the early 1800s. I faithfully reproduced it from photographs in a book. The original is too fragile to be displayed. See my older post The Graveyard Quilt. It is a great story!!

An old house in our neighborhood.
Decorating for Fall is something I enjoy every year.
My tastes run to more vintage and gothic expressions but I really love all things Halloween!

Vintage looking old Trade Sign.
Below is an old drawer from our kitchen re-do. I added some vintage wallpaper and painted the inside with some what I call "dirty blue" paint.
The crowning touches were some cute black cats and a little pumpkin.

Drawer in progress.
Display of some of my artwork.
 Cute fall pumpkins on canvas.
 Jerry is doing some surgery on an old table leg--what do you think they should become? Gotta be something really cool!!
 These old table legs just scream for some new identity.

Now can you guess what I am thinking?

Pencil drawing for the
Halloween season.
 Pencil drawing of favorite Halloween symbols.

Solitary red barn-kind of lonely.
Crumbling old home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks