Saturday, November 10, 2012

One Woman Show at Les Bourgeois Winery

Great happenings this month. Fifteen of my paintings are hanging at the Les Bourgeois Winery in Rocheport Missouri. And my first ever ad in a national magazine.

The showing of my paintings at Les Bourgeois is a result of the winery selecting one of my paintings to go on the label of their Collector Series wine. The painting of Bleu (a mixed breed rescue dog belonging to a couple in Ft. Worth Texas) has gotten a lot of attention from art lovers and dog lovers alike. He is in the ad in the December issue of FOLK magazine along with three of my other paintings of pets.

I was honored to be part of the Les Bourgeois winery and have Bleu's image on the bottle of Traminette. The opportunity to show my paintings was greatly appreciated as well.
The ad in FOLK magazine is beautiful and in a great location.

Amanda DeGraffenreid from DeGraf Design created the ad on very short notice. She did a fantastic job designing an ad that communicates how I feel as an artist and as an animal lover.

I can't say enough about FOLK magazine--I think it is simply fantastic. The stories make you think about the things that are really important in your life and the photography is well--magical. The Christmas issue is brimming with stories about real country artists and business people. The kind of people you want living in the house next door. People with whom you can share a cup of coffee and a laugh. People not exactly like you--but close enough.

The third panel in this triptych of great happenings was the Columbia Humane Society Auction at Les Bourgeois November 5th. I donated a watercolor painting of Bleu and a bottle of Traminette with Bleu's image on it to the auction. Someone attending the auction told me a gentleman was overheard saying "that dog is going home with me." And apparently it did! I am so happy other people find my work with pets compelling enough to hang a painting in their home because it makes them smile even though they have no connection to that particular dog or cat.

I will keep painting and hope people keep smiling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks